Copywriting can be the difference between a successful blog or website, and one that fails to capture the audience’s attention. It is important to maximize traffic on your site through marketing and advertising, and copywriting can do that for you. So here are five helpful tips for websites that you can benefit from.
- Use captivating headlines – Your website headlines are essentially the first thing that readers and visitors to your website will see, so it is important for them to generate interest. Make sure they do not give too much away, but rather hook the reader in to read the rest of the article or blog post to get a better understanding of the information, service or goods that you are trying to provide.
- Give value – Ensure to provide the reader with value because the majority of readers are looking for something that can benefit or improve their lives in one way or another. The information does not have to be complicated, it can be simple and easy to digest. Using pointless phrases and waffling will only bore your audience, but by benefiting the reader, they are more likely to not only continue reading, but share the information too. This in turn will generate even more traffic on your website.
- Do not sugarcoat testimonials – People are not stupid and can tell when you have had testimonials written by a marketer. Using flowery language and telling people how perfect your service is will not gain you a bigger audience. Having realistic story-based testimonials will engage the reader more effectively and connect them to other readers on an emotional level, making them more inclined to use your goods, services or information.
- Be consistent – Constantly changing the narrative and/or tone of the content you provide, you are more than likely to show a lack of formality and professionalism in your work which will turn off your audience. Having consistency in your content presentation, which includes branding and tag lines, will appeal more to readers and hold more value, as mentioned in point two.
- Keep it brief – Long paragraphs that waffle on and do not get to the point will lose your audience’s interest and likely steer them away from your website. By keeping it short, using key words and making the objective of the article clear, will keep your readers for longer and increase the chances of them sharing your content too.
Applying these five tips to your websites will ensure that you increase traffic, reputation and quality to a much higher standard than your competitors.
The graphic on this page was created by using the website http://www.wordle.net/. The text from this article was used to generate the image.